Importing Project Files?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dqford

Importing Project Files?

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 am

I lost all of my grades on a recent project and I don't understand why. I had autosave on and it religiously saved the project every 5 minutes as evidenced by the auto save icon appearing every 5 minutes saying that it was saving.

Today when I opened resolve, half of all my grades were gone.... nightmare!

I remembered to save a back up of my project files though on an external hard drive.

How do I import the project files back onto the same footage again? I tried the import link but it won't allow me to select the project files because they're all xmls.

How do I do it? Is it possible?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Importing Project Files?

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am

The way you backup Resolve projects, is to use the Export function. If you did not use the Export function, then you did not actually back up a Resolve project.

If you did use the Export function, there would be a single file for each exported Resolve project. This file would have a .zip extension if Exported from Resolve 8.2.2 or a .drp extension if Exported from Resolve 9 or higher.

If you have a version 8.2.2 .zip Exported project file, make sure you do NOT unzip it. It needs to be Imported to Resolve as a .zip file.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

dqford

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you. That will be very useful.

Yes, I use version 9.0

Peter Eaton

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 7:59 pm

I cannot import .drp files into my davinci. When navigating to the location of my .drp file (desktop) It is deselected, and I cannot select it for import.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 am

You need to import the drp from Resolves Project Manager.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve