17.2.1 breaks audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tinmanjuggernaut

17.2.1 breaks audio

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 12:26 pm

I have a built in realtek card w/ laptop speakers/headphones, and a Bose bluetooth external speaker.
Lenovo Legion y7000p
Win10/64

On 17.2.1, anytime the application is open, the Bose will not play audio. Even if just the project manager is open. No other windows application will play audio. Resolve won't play audio through the Bose regardless of if it is set as the system default or manually. No windows app can play through the bose, until resolve is completely closed.

Audio worked fine with my setup on previous version of 17.1 and 16 (and before windows 10 h2 update). I always left the audio hardware at the system default setting, which is ideal so I can use windows to change between speakers. Also Resolve did not require exclusive control of the speakers so I could play audio in other apps like youtube.

Now I can be playing music through the bose with resolve closed, open up the app which is manually set to use the realtek and the music gets silenced. As soon as resolve is closed, the music resumes.

If resolve is set to use the bose, meters will move as it plays, but sound is blocked until resolve is closed.

I can set windows to use the realetk, and resolve to use the system default or manual to play audio through my laptop speakers.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-26 200834.jpg
Screenshot 2021-06-26 200834.jpg (70.24 KiB) Viewed 121 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve