Resolution issue after updating to 9.0.1

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

StuartZiane

Resolution issue after updating to 9.0.1

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

I've used all of the betas of Resolve 9 and with the exception of one or two of them, I've experienced issues with the resolution - The UI wouldn't fit on the screen. I know in 10.6.8 there was a way to resolve that (oh irony!), but....

Along came the release version of Resolve 9 and everything was working great! I have a 15" MBP running 10.8.2 with the latest CUDA driver version. Everything fitted on my display properly and everything was running great. Now, after updating to 9.0.1 one day, I had the dreaded resolution issue again!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
And the lord said "let there be light", then the director said "action!"

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolution issue after updating to 9.0.1

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

If you have a MBP with the HiRes 1680x1050 resolution 15" display, then the Resolve GUI should work properly. If your MBP has the standard 15" display with the 1440x900 resolution, then the Resolve GUI will not fit properly on it.

If you have the 1440x900 display, there is no solution to make the Resolve GUI fit on it, except, as you noted, if you are running OS X 10.6.8, in which case you can use the OS X "AppleDisplayScaleFactor" command to make it fit, which was removed in Lion.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

StuartZiane

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks very much for your response.

However, I don't understand at all why the GUI DID fit on my standard 1440 x 900 display but now it doesn't.

If I could download 9.0 again I'm sure the problem would be fixed, but never mind, I'll just have to do my grading within FCPX.

Thanks again.
And the lord said "let there be light", then the director said "action!"

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 am

The Resolve GUI never would have fit properly on a 1440x900 display in any version of Resolve running under Lion or Mountain Lion. Nothing has changed in this area.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve