Multicam project - same file names

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lost FM

Multicam project - same file names

PostThu May 26, 2022 2:00 pm

Hello everyone

I am a new member and would like to ask for help with a problem I first encountered

We shot the project with two Sony Alpha A7S II cameras (UHD/mp4). The cameras folders names were set to Acam and Bcam, but the clips numbers are repeated and we have duplicate clip names (C0001 Acam - C0001 Bcam). The editor in Premiere Pro did not use multicam settings and exported XML for Davinci Resolve.

When I import XML in Davinci, Davinci cannot import clips even if I find my way to them. Davinci leaves big gaps between the clips and only finds some.

Do you have any advice on how to solve this? I believe it's because of the same clip names.
I will be grateful for advice on how to set up a project or how to work properly with multicam.

Thank you in advance for your help

Lost FM

Re: Multicam project - same file names

PostFri May 27, 2022 8:48 am

I have an update situation, the editor used multicam in Premiere Pro. The only option that comes to mind is to turn off multicam and delete multicam metadata in Premiere, then simplify timeline and the worst part - rename duplicate shots.

Do you think it will work?

Return to DaVinci Resolve