Blackmagic Cloud Port Ports

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

CUBuffskier

Blackmagic Cloud Port Ports

PostFri Sep 16, 2022 4:09 pm

I have run into a roadblock at a facility that can't access Blackmagic Cloud Libraries.

Resolve just hangs. Outside of this network, it is fine.

I can't find any info on the ports Blackmagic Cloud needs to access the database. Is this information available to allow for those rules on the firewall?

Thanks!
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

Resolve Studio 18.0.1 Build3
Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro, 64GB RAM, 24 Core GPU, 2TB SSD, 24" LG Ultrafine, 3G Ultrastudio, Speed Editor

CUBuffskier

Re: Blackmagic Cloud Port Ports

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to bump this. What could cause Resolve to not be able to launch through a VPN or on a network with Blackmagic Cloud as the most recent project library being accessed before being on that network?

I would like to allow a rule for blackmagic cloud access but don't know the port(s) to allow.

Thanks
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro, 64GB RAM, 24 Core GPU, 2TB SSD, 24" LG Ultrafine, 3G Ultrastudio, Speed Editor

Igor Riđanović

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 9:38 pm

Normally PSQL uses port 5432 but it could be setup to use any other port. Also PSQL server could be listening on 5432 but any WAN port could be forwarded to it. I have spent zero time on the cloud DB implementation in V18. I don't know the specific details.

Also, Resolves in collaboration mode on a LAN used to (and perhaps still do) communicate with one another. The port(s) and protocol for this is undocumented. I'd suspect they still have to talk to one another in the cloud setup.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Igor Riđanović

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 9:38 pm

Normally PSQL uses port 5432 but it could be setup to use any other port. Also PSQL server could be listening on 5432 but any WAN port could be forwarded to it. I have spent zero time on the cloud DB implementation in V18. I don't know the specific details.

Also, Resolves in collaboration mode on a LAN used to (and perhaps still do) communicate with one another. The port(s) and protocol for this is undocumented. I'd suspect they still have to talk to one another in the cloud setup.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

CUBuffskier

PostTue Oct 11, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks Igor - yeah 5432 and then chat is on 50059 in collaboration for postgres.

However, something seems to block me from hitting the blackmagic cloud servers from within a particular network. Not sure what that is.
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

jodysmith

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 1:52 pm

Bumping.

I am having the same issue. DR18 freezes in splash screen when on a particular network, and not when I am on my home network, and at other facilities. Seems to be a port/access issue on the facilities firewall. They are happy to build access but need to know what to specifically open up and route.

Has anyone else found this info? It would be of great help.

thanks,

jd_becker

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 am

I have the same issue with the latest version of resolve. Has anyone come across a solution for this yet?

cdimaso

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 11:42 pm

I am having the same issues. I was able to get it to work temporarily by working with Black Magic support and my sys admins. However around the end of the year they made some changes and I was told by support they were "consolidating cloud access information" and to check back later. I tried to follow up on my ticket but never got a response. I'm going to call support again in a few days and see if I can get through on this.

dalerodgers

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

I too have the same issue on a particular site/LAN - just hangs to the cloud project opening screen.

Really needs documenting.

dalerodgers

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Not tried yet but:

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... Manual.pdf

Page 102:

— Optimize project library cloud data traffic: If you’re having difficulty accessing the Blackmagic
Cloud through a corporate firewall, check this box to connect without having to set port mapping
and firewall exceptions. https://blackmagicdesign.com still needs to be whitelisted for access.

Need to go on site and check. I know the website is okay already.

Return to DaVinci Resolve