the gpu failed to perform image processing error code 40

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

GTMatt

the gpu failed to perform image processing error code 40

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 3:39 am

Hi,

I know some other folks have had this error message pop up on Windows systems, but I'm running Resolve Studio 18 on an M1 Max MacBook Pro, and I would love some help in sorting it out.

Every time open this specific timeline, I get this error message: "the gpu failed to perform image processing error code 40". It seems to have started when I created a Fusion node with a PlanarTrack function that failed during tracking; ever since, I get this error message in every window whenever I try to play back my vision. Every time I try to delete any of the functions in that Fusion node, I get a spinning wheel of death and have to force quit Resolve.

I tried copying and pasting the contents of the timeline into a fresh timeline but it didn't help. It's really driving me spare at the moment, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on Studio version 18.04 Build 5.

Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve