Speed Editor Not working on BT with 1.4.2 + fix (Windows)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

markwphoto

Speed Editor Not working on BT with 1.4.2 + fix (Windows)

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 7:52 pm

Since I updated to the latest version of Resolve Studio, my Speed editor has not worked on Bluetooth. It worked fine using the USB cable.

When using BT the lights would come on but the buttons and jog wheel was unresponsive. It would show as fully charged under preferences, Control Panel. I have reinstalled the bluetooth drivers multiple times with no luck.

I was able to temporarily resolve the issue by reverting to the 1.4.1 firmware that is installed with DaVinci Resolve Control Panel from version 18.0.1.

Here's how I fixed it. Go to Windows Control Panel and only uninstall Davinci Control Panel. You can keep the current version of DaVinci Resolve installed!!

Download Davinci Resolve Studio version 18.0.1 and run the installer.

It will say Resolve is already installed, but only install the Control Panel. After the control panel is installed, plug in the USB cable and open the Davinci Control Panel app. It should prompt that a firmware needs to be installed. Do that and it should revert to 1.4.1. You can check it after the update. Unplug the USB and open Resolve. It will prompt you that there is a firmware update for the Speed Editor but close this out and do not update it!

The Speed Editor should work on Bluetooth after this with the latest version of Resolve.

UPDATE: I just uninstalled the Control panel from Windows programs and updated using the latest version of Resolve Studio. I didn't reinstall resolve but installed the latest Control Panel. I then updated the Speed editor firmware to 1.4.2. When I reopened Resolve using BT the Speed Editor continued to work. Perhaps the Speed Editor firmware got corrupted and was the reason BT stopped working.
Mark Warren

Return to DaVinci Resolve