Lastpass hack - implications for DR Studio activation keys

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Basjoe

Lastpass hack - implications for DR Studio activation keys

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 7:41 am

I'm guessing that quite a few DR customers have used Lastpass, maybe even still do. Of these, some will have stored their DR Studio Activation keys as Secure Notes within the password manager. As we have all recently learned, the vaults have been stolen, and we must presume that work has already begun to brute force the associated master passwords.

Obviously, that process is going to take considerable computing horsepower, so the criminals won't be expecting rapid results (unless of course they are state actors with access to Big Tech). But we must assume that at some point these activation keys will become revealed.

So, I was wondering whether Blackmagic will institute some process whereby an activation key can be exchanged for a new one.
Resolve Studio 18.6 (always latest version), BM Speed Editor
Windows 10 Pro with all updates
Ryzen 9 5950X, EVGA RTX3080 with Studio driver, ASRock X570 Creator, 64GB DDR4, 1TB and 2TB Corsair MP600 , Sandisk Extreme 2TB SSD
LG OLEDCX48
Sony FX30

Jim Simon

Re: Lastpass hack - implications for DR Studio activation ke

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 4:18 pm

Not sure it make sense for every single company whose information users might have stored in LastPass to respond here.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve