Auto Sync Working but exporting out of sync

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Christiana

Auto Sync Working but exporting out of sync

PostTue Jan 17, 2023 8:19 pm

Hello,

I am using DaVinci 18 (paid version). I am on a MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.07.

I am using the auto sync option (by waveform and append tracks). My camera files have scratch audio and I am syncing two other external mic tracks. I have selected all clips and all audio files and hit auto sync> sync by waveform and append tracks. Sync is successful on most clips. I then select all clips, create timeline using project settings (23.98, 1080p) and for the timeline audio settings I use audio track type: based on selected media and I keep the default of No. of audio tracks at: 1.

I then open my timeline and the video clips appear with three tracks of synced audio underneath them (the scratch audio and the two others). The play back ALL in sync. I then navigate to the delivery tab and export them as multiple clips with source names. Video export settings are Pro Res 422 HQ 1920x1080. Audio settings are linear PCM, 16 bit, same as source audio channels. After exporting I listen to the clips in quicktime and I have tried importing them into premiere and listening to them and the two external audio channels have exported out of sync, despite being in sync before export.

The things i have tried (and have not helped):
-switching the number of audio tracks to 3 when creating the sequence
-switching all tracks in the sequence to mono or to stereo (instead of the default which is the scratch track is stereo and the two other tracks are mono)
-Hitting render one track per channel and/or render as discrete audio tracks in the export window
-I have also tried going into the fairlight tab and right clicking on the synced clips going to clip attributes, and changing the linked audio types from mono to stereo and trying different arrangements (this usually messes up the clips and makes them play out of sync in DaVinci which I thought was interesting.
-Updating to the latest DaVinci 18 version

PLEASE HELP :) I've used the workflow successfully before and can't seem to figure out why this case is not working. I have attached a couple screenshots of my settings. Thank you!!!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 3.17.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 3.17.03 PM.png (515.14 KiB) Viewed 186 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve