YouTube Shorts Resolve 18.1.3

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mobiaus

YouTube Shorts Resolve 18.1.3

PostThu Feb 09, 2023 8:08 am

This seems to be a persistent issue that has been mentioned across prior versions of Resolve and on various other forums.

Problem: a YouTube Shorts video (1080x1920p) will not load from the YouTube Shorts Editor on a mobile phone. Using the ADD CLIP feature, the app responds with UNABLE TO PREVIEW VIDEO. This seems to be a video encoding issue. The same clip encoded from Adobe Premiere works perfectly!

Workaround: loading the clip into my phone's CAMERA APP, doing a minor edit (i.e. 1% brightness) allows me to SAVE A COPY. This 'revised' clip will then load into the YouTube Shorts editor.

Clearly, this is a clumsy workaround and seems to suggest a video encoding issue. This problem persists using both the H.264 and the YouTube video rendering default settings.

If anyone has a solution (Blackmagic developers), a patch or a new CUSTOM EXPORT, I would welcome their advice.

Cheers

Return to DaVinci Resolve