Mavericks and Resolve Lite 10.1.0

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alastair Traill

Mavericks and Resolve Lite 10.1.0

PostTue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 pm

On Tues Feb 4, I made a post in ‘Getting Started’ about some problems I was having with Resolve Lite 10.1.0 installed on an iMac running 10.9.1 (Mavericks). Having read a bit more and fiddled a bit more I think this forum is probably the more suitable site for my issues.

I am trying to work through the tutorial using the clips provided and have got to the 'color' page successfully. Here I have found that all the color wheels have the same effect whereas I was expecting, for example, that dragging the gamma wheel to the right would lighten the image but instead I get a colour shift just as I do with the other wheels.

Since then I have tried DNG files from my BMPCC. These I can load into the ‘Media” page and I can also play them. I can sometimes load them into the ‘Edit’ page and sometimes play them. However I have had no success in getting them to the 'Color' page.

Am I missing something or is my iMac not up to the task?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Mavericks and Resolve Lite 10.1.0

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 am

Load your clips in the Media Pool.

On the Edit page, click the + icon in the Timeline area to create a new timeline. Then in the New Timeline Properties window that opens, uncheck "Empty Timeline" then click "Create New Timeline".
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Alastair Traill

Re: Mavericks and Resolve Lite 10.1.0

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 12:55 am

Thanks Dwaine,

I can now get my BMPCC DNG files at least as far as the 'Color' page and play them.

I notice however that my BMPCC DNG clips do not respond to 'contrast' control as well as do the Black magic tutorial clips. What camera was used for the tutorial clips?

Return to DaVinci Resolve