Resolve Lite 10.1.x - Is Mavericks Required?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cayenne

Resolve Lite 10.1.x - Is Mavericks Required?

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 7:38 pm

I've got a late 2011 macbook pro I'm currently using Resolve 10.0.0Lite.73 on, hooked to a Dell U2711 monitor.

I'm not wanting quite yet to upgrade to OSX Mavericks, but I was contemplating upgrading to Resolve Lite 10.1.1 which appears to be the latest version.

WIll the latest version of Resolve work on OSX just prior to Mavericks, or does it require the OSX upgrade as well?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Martin Sansom

Re: Resolve Lite 10.1.x - Is Mavericks Required?

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Mavericks isn't required to run Resolve 10.1. I haven't upgraded to Mavericks on my Macbook Pro, everything working fine.

cayenne

Re: Resolve Lite 10.1.x - Is Mavericks Required?

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 am

Martin Sansom wrote:Mavericks isn't required to run Resolve 10.1. I haven't upgraded to Mavericks on my Macbook Pro, everything working fine.

Thank you.

I'm actually right in the middle of two projects I need to get out the door first..so, I'll not change ANYTHING till those are done.;)

That being said, is there a significant change to 10.1 vs the version I have? The reason I asked was that I thought the 10.1.x version was for Mavericks only…but since it is not, is there a significant reason to go to it over the current version I have now?

Again, thank you VERY much for the reply!!

C

Return to DaVinci Resolve