FX on color page causing color/gamma shift after caching

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TyDelgaty

FX on color page causing color/gamma shift after caching

PostFri Jul 28, 2023 2:07 pm

When I add a noise reduction to a node, everything looks fine, but when I play back the clip, on the second loop, the gamma and color suddenly shift. I’ve noticed the blue shadows, specifically get raised, and all the detail is lost. In my troubleshooting, it seems to only affect the shadows if they are clipped. Again, everything looks fine on the first play, it’s as though once the FX is cached it bugs out. I have tried clearing my renders. Another note, even if I disable the plugin (as in, switch it off in the FX tab, NOT disable the node), the problem persists. So to be clear, I turn the FX OFF, and the issue is still there.

More troubleshooting reveals that at other FX behave the same, including object removal, gamut limiter, ACES transform...

Some before and afters, notice the detail in the shadows: https://imgur.com/a/hgFlzYf

Any ideas? Seems like a bug. I have updated my Nvidia studio drivers too.

Cheers.

Davster

Re: FX on color page causing color/gamma shift after caching

PostWed May 01, 2024 2:46 pm

This might not be the cause of your issue, but I found your post whilst looking for a solution to something possibly similar I ran into.

Could it be to do with your render cache format?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=200623

Return to DaVinci Resolve