Media offline after moving them to a bin in the media pool

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ebp_osteo

Media offline after moving them to a bin in the media pool

PostTue Aug 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Hello Davinci Resolve community,
I am facing a really odd issue. I am working on a farely big collaborative project (hosted on blackmagic cloud), and as of today when I am moving a clip in the media pool to a new or other bin, or create a new bin from selected clip the clips go offline.

I figured out that when I move the clip inside the media pool the filepath is changing. From the external Harddrive where the OG Footage is stored on to the google drive folder where the proxies are stored.

Whats even weirder is that I can't just throw the OG's from the finder into davinci resolve anymore, or go the import media route. Relinking isn't working, the only fix I found is to use the replace clip function. Then the path is fixed and the media is online again. But breaks instantly when I move the clip.

I tried upgrading to 18.5.1
Updating my MacOS
Restarting Resolve, MacOS etc..

I would be glad to find an answer to this because I'm just fixing offline clips for hours now...

Thanks!

Thomas Milde

Re: Media offline after moving them to a bin in the media po

PostSun Aug 20, 2023 1:12 pm

Hi,
I have a similar problem.
I made some changes on the color page, rendering started, and the rendered clip went offline.
After restarting DVR I was asked to update my gallery and cache location because the destination could not be found.

I opened prefs/master settings/working folders and it turned out that all the slashes/backslashes in the filepaths get mixed up.

Is this some known problem?
Tech:
Win 10 pro, Ryzen 9 5900X, 128 GB, M.2 for media
RTX 3080 ti, Intensity Pro, DVR Studio + Fusion 18.x, Desktop Video 12.x

Damien LeVeck

Re: Media offline after moving them to a bin in the media po

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 10:47 am

Similar problem here.

Files in my project went offline but they existed in the sync folder in the Finder. (mostly images)

When I try to relink them, they pop online for a minute, then a sync operation starts and they DELETE from the sync folder. However, they stay in place for my editor on the other side.

The only way I've found to get them back is to re-download all of the media to a new sync directory.

Return to DaVinci Resolve