How to move clips on the iPad cut page?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bobosola

How to move clips on the iPad cut page?

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 10:14 pm

I'm playing with the cut page on iPad Resolve Studio 18.6.2 and cannot work out how to move a clip to a different point in the timeline. In the regular Resolve cut page, I just mouse-select the clip on the upper timeline and drag it to the edit point between the two clips where I want to move it to, then drop it in the new position. But that doesn't seem to work on the iPad?

I tried a long press and double tap with both finger and pen, but nothing happens. You can select a clip on the lower timeline, which then highlights it on the upper as well, but the upper timeline clip cannot be moved. Maybe I'm just missing something, so I'd be grateful if anyone has worked out how to move clips around on the iPad cut page other than doing the unsupported keyboard hack trick and using the edit page instead.

bobosola

Re: How to move clips on the iPad cut page?

PostTue Oct 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Answering my own question for anyone searching... the lack of responses here and a lot of googling and video watching seems to confirm that you cannot currently drag clips to move them around on the iPad Cut page upper timeline like you can in the desktop version.

So my workaround is to use the unsupported keyboard hack to temporarily reveal the hidden Edit page, go to it, then use the keyboard commands Shift-Cmd-comma and Shift-Cmd-period to swap clips (or groups of clips) to the left or right respectively. Not an ideal solution as the hidden pages are crash-prone (which is why they are hidden) but it does the job.

saltandsalty

Re: How to move clips on the iPad cut page?

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 5:06 pm

bobosola wrote:Answering my own question for anyone searching... the lack of responses here and a lot of googling and video watching seems to confirm that you cannot currently drag clips to move them around on the iPad Cut page upper timeline like you can in the desktop version.

So my workaround is to use the unsupported keyboard hack to temporarily reveal the hidden Edit page, go to it, then use the keyboard commands Shift-Cmd-comma and Shift-Cmd-period to swap clips (or groups of clips) to the left or right respectively. Not an ideal solution as the hidden pages are crash-prone (which is why they are hidden) but it does the job.

Hi there, I'm a new Davinci Resolve user and I'm currently only use iPad pro to edit my videos. I watched some youtube videos, I don't seem find how to reveal the hidden edit page. Can you please show me know how to do it? I'm using my apple blue tooth keyboard and mouse, would be nice to have the Shift-Cmd-comma and Shift-Cmd-period to swap clips. Really appreciated! :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve