How to get Resolve Project Server app?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rob Ainscough

How to get Resolve Project Server app?

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 8:02 pm

I'm looking at page 4075 in the manual and it discusses the Project Server Application ... but doesn't provide any information at all where one can get this application?

I have 3 licenses of DaVinci Resolve Studio but the installer doesn't present any additional options for Project Server install?

What am I missing?

Cheers, Rob.

roger.magnusson

Re: How to get Resolve Project Server app?

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 8:54 pm

It's a separate download, available here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

Search the page for DaVinci Resolve Project Server, the latest version is currently 18.5.

Rob Ainscough

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 9:22 pm

Thanks, I was able to find it, just had to scroll down a little. Any reason why BMD has separate downloads for Fusion, Resolve, and Project Server?

Happy Holidays!

Rob

Peter Cave

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 11:29 pm

Rob Ainscough wrote:Thanks, I was able to find it, just had to scroll down a little. Any reason why BMD has separate downloads for Fusion, Resolve, and Project Server?

Happy Holidays!

Rob

Probably because they are separate applications? No? I sure don't want to download all of them if I only need the Project Server!!!
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Rob Ainscough

PostMon Dec 25, 2023 12:07 am

In the same token, I sure don't want to be:

1. Reading about an app I need in the manual but no reference to where it exists nor how to get it.
2. Searching the internet for clues on how to get it.
3. Wasting everyone's time posting here on how to get it.

One's purchase of Resolve mentions nothing about Fusion nor Project Server which at first glance one would think BMD would want to advertise those "additional apps" as a very useful selling point.

I've created Windows installers before using companies like "Advanced Installer" tools and it's relatively easy to create an intelligent installer. The actual native install is very small and downloads are only performed if you check the application/tool (very much like what is part of the Resolve installer only expands on that with more options and a download process).

Cheers, Rob.

benjaminforbes

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 6:07 pm

The server app does not appear to be on the formerly linked page.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 12:06 am

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion

Scroll down the Latest Downloads list until you get into the Resolve 18.5.x area.

You'll find the DaVinci Resolve Project Server 18.5 from July 21, 2023 listed there.

This is currently the latest Project Server version. There will be no need to update the Project Server version until the Resolve project library format is updated. That likely won't happen in the 18.6.x series of software.

The next Project Server update will likely happen with the next Resolve major version update. Whenever and whatever that may be.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Rob Ainscough

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 5:29 am

Thanks Dwaine, all sorted my end, but thanks for the link. Would be great if these separate apps got unified into a single installer with options to install "components" (i.e Fusion, Project Server, Resolve) via web install.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, Rob.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 6:38 am

The Resolve Studio installer is already quite large. If we put all the apps in one installer, it would be very large.
Dwaine Maggart

Rob Ainscough

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 1:58 pm

Web Installer is very small, it provides options to download as needed per user selection, just like Visual Studio 2022 Installer.

Cheers Rob

michaelh99

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 5:33 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The Resolve Studio installer is already quite large. If we put all the apps in one installer, it would be very large.

Can someone talk to your web team about the site? I'm already registered with BM in both the forum and cloud sections and have a Studio license.

Each time I go to download the server it wants me to register, which is a completely unnecessary step.

I'm logged into the cloud, I'm logged into the forum yet the download page still shows a "login" option at the top right of the page, which merely takes me to the cloud pages.

Also, please BM, make the search field allow arbitrary searching, not just the text that the web team thought we needed. One can't actually search for the server.
Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060 Studio driver 552.22
Video Memory 12G

raynardwilson

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 pm

Is there a project server for Linux? It seems to be Mac and Windows only? :-(

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 pm

No Linux Project Server, and likely never will be.
Dwaine Maggart

Return to DaVinci Resolve