Constant Crashing on Color Page in Resolve 18.6

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jakobustrop

Constant Crashing on Color Page in Resolve 18.6

PostSat Feb 10, 2024 9:57 am

I have been experiencing constant crashing when trying to to anything on the Color Page and I am kinda at a loss of what is the root cause of it. The crashing started a while back but I chucked it up to my GPU with only 8 GB of VRAM (NVIDIA 1070) being to weak for what I was trying to do.

Then we upgraded my GPU to an AMD 7900XTX and the crashing continued/ got even worse. Sometimes I can edit some nodes and do some color correction and then it crashes.

Sometimes just switching to the Color Page crashes the Program and then restarting Resolve would immediately crash again when loading the Color page. I have reinstalled Windows, Resolve and the AMD Drivers.

Copied my footage from the Server to local storage and tried editing. Checked if my RAM was throwing errors. The only thing that seemed to help a little was to create a new Project Database. I am unsure what to try and I desperately need Resolve to work so I can get some work done.

The Crashing makes it near impossible to get any work done. I have created and looked at the Diagnostics multiple Times but I have a hard time understanding what is going wrong.

As a small addition: I normally edit from our Server but with our new Cameras and footage size I have resorted to just backing up the footage to the Server and editing of off local SSDs.

PC Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
ASUSTeK ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
64GB 3600MHz Corsair RAM
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX

I have attached my most recent Diagnostics:
https://we.tl/t-D0lypUUuzt

jakobustrop

Re: Constant Crashing on Color Page in Resolve 18.6

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 2:39 pm

My Situation hasn't changed. Can anyone help? For a time I thought replacing the Power Cord to my PC solved it but it didn't. I can upload new Diagnostics if that helps.

plarmstrong

Re: Constant Crashing on Color Page in Resolve 18.6

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 12:16 am

I've been having the same problem, and no luck with an actual solution. However, I've found a workaround in my case. I was using a dual screen setup. After trying dozens of other things, I switched the Dual Screen option off. Instantly solved my crashing. It's a bit annoying to have to work with less screen real estate, but at least I can work.

Return to DaVinci Resolve