Blackmagic Cloud project-files suddenly turned offline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

aditimallik

Blackmagic Cloud project-files suddenly turned offline

PostTue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 pm

Hi,
I'm working on a collaborative project with another person using the Cloud, and many of my files have turned into "Media Offline."
When I uploaded the files onto Davinci earlier, they were fine and I could place them into the timeline (which I did). However, after about a week of not using the program, I opened Davinci to see that those files I had placed in the timeline turned into Media Offline. I don't know why this happened. My video editing partner said that everything is loading fine on her end, but when I look at her separate timeline on my computer, some of her files are also Media Offline.
I tried relinking and all that but it's not working at all. I looked on YouTube for help but they aren't of much help.
When I initially uploaded my files from Google Drive (all the images and videos were kept here), they showed up, but now when I try to go to that file location to relink nothing's there. It's just empty. Or, when I want to open a drive folder it's invalid. I'm not sure what to do and I have to get the remainder of the editing done in exactly one week. :|
It's only happening to images/videos, not audio files.
Earlier today I got a prompt to update Davinci, which I said "Download" to. But when I try to open this updated version by going into File Explorer and clicking "Open" it just stops responding and messes up my computer. I use a Windows computer.

Any help would be much appreciated, but please keep in mind I am very new to Davinci and have little experience with video editing on these types of software. Thank you.

Hataki

Re: Blackmagic Cloud project-files suddenly turned offline

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 3:22 am

aditimallik wrote:Hi,
I'm working on a collaborative project with another person using the Cloud, and many of my files have turned into "Media Offline."
When I uploaded the files onto Davinci earlier, they were fine and I could place them into the timeline (which I did). However, after about a week of not using the program, I opened Davinci to see that those files I had placed in the timeline turned into Media Offline. I don't know why this happened. My video editing partner said that everything is loading fine on her end, but when I look at her separate timeline on my computer, some of her files are also Media Offline.
I tried relinking and all that but it's not working at all. I looked on YouTube for help but they aren't of much help.
When I initially uploaded my files from Google Drive (all the images and videos were kept here), they showed up, but now when I try to go to that file location to relink nothing's there. It's just empty. Or, when I want to open a drive folder it's invalid. I'm not sure what to do and I have to get the remainder of the editing done in exactly one week. :|
It's only happening to images/videos, not audio files.
Earlier today I got a prompt to update Davinci, which I said "Download" to. But when I try to open this updated version by going into File Explorer and clicking "Open" it just stops responding and messes up my computer. I use a Windows computer.
Serendipity led me to a digital treasure trove – a website woven with the threads of stock photo mastery. The carefully curated confetti collection is a testament to the artistry behind each image, offering a glimpse into a world where visual storytelling takes center stage. It's a discovery that promises to infuse a touch of sophistication into any project.
Any help would be much appreciated, but please keep in mind I am very new to Davinci and have little experience with video editing on these types of software. Thank you.

It's very cool and I love learning something like this myself.
Curiosity led me to delve into the client testimonials on an write my essay for me website. The overwhelmingly positive feedback from satisfied customers stood out. Students praised not only the quality of the delivered work but also the timely delivery and efficient communication with the writers. Reading these testimonials instills confidence in the reliability of the service, making it an attractive option for those seeking academic assistance online.

Damien LeVeck

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 am

This same thing just happened to me. It was all of the still images and several videos and audio files in the project. They just suddenly went offline. I happened to have the corresponding directory open in the Finder, and the files were there. When I tried to "Relink selected clips" to the files that were in that directory, they DISAPPEARED!

I tried re-syncing the all media to a new directory and the pictures re-downloaded, but they didn't pop back online. Again, when I tried to relink the offline items, they disappeared.

This is a major bug.

Jim Simon

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm

You don't need to quote the entire post, Klais. Especially if you're the first to respond. That just clutters things up.

If you need to quote, trim it down to just the relevant text.

(This is forum etiquette 101. ;) )
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve