Media Offline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rondineli

Media Offline

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 am

I started the training and I'm in class 3, but I can't open the class material. The file doesn't even appear when I follow the instructions to click on "restore project archive". I was able to open the material in the file folder folder. However, it appears that all files are corrupted with the message "media offline". How can I resolve this so I can continue classes?

karlawagnereu

Re: Media Offline

PostSat Feb 24, 2024 6:17 pm

Sorry I have no answer yet, but I am urgently working this same problem. The latest version works fine with the tutorial files (airplanes) but any clips show in red as "Media Offline" when I bring in a directory of clips that came from my gopro. The clips play fine in programs like VLC.
This is my first project, so I may have missed something.

Andrew1630

Re: Media Offline

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 6:57 pm

I am running into this problem as well, i'm using a windows 10 desktop, with plenty power to handle the job, but the compositing in fusion class files showing up in resolve as media offline. i've seen this before when i tried to edit drone footage of 4k and i thought that it was a limitation of the free version, but these project files are not 4k so i'm not sure what the issue is. i was able to get through the introduction to fusion class fine. so i'm not sure what this is caused by. i tried down sizing the files and that didn't work, but the files open up in my media player just fine. will update.

***UPDATE***

the issue was solved when i was directed to "relink" the media, reason is that the folder hierarchy is not the same one different computers. but if you download the manual for the program it is on page 393, "relink" media. thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve