Copying the Sizing keyframes in the Colour Page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dynamicworm

Copying the Sizing keyframes in the Colour Page

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 8:08 am

I am using sizing in the colour page to apply a motion effect to a still image. I have two other images identical in length which I'd like to copy this motion effect to, so effectively just copying the keyframes, but I cannot work out how to do this and I have tried everything. Searching just tells you how to copy colour grades or keyframes in the edit page but not sizing in the colour page. I'm beginning to think this is not possible and a quirk of Resolve?
Thanks in advance.

Dynamicworm

Re: Copying the Sizing keyframes in the Colour Page

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 8:18 am

I can see there's been a lot of views of this but no response which makes me think it's not possible which is good actually because it means I'm not going mad. I appreciate there are other ways of doing this in Resolve so it's not a big issue :)

Jim Simon

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 2:50 pm

Dynamicworm wrote:I appreciate there are other ways of doing this in Resolve
That would have been my answer.

If it's simple, I'd do it with Transform on Edit. For more complex adjustments, Fusion.

I do color work on the Color page. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Dynamicworm

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 2:16 pm

Yes, you're right. I just find sizing in the colour page easiest to use and adjust. I was a longtime Premiere Pro user but have been using Resolve full time for about 6 months now and still getting used to the differences. I never found key framing motion using transform in the edit page very good (compared to Premiere Pro) and Fusion was too complicated so when I found sizing in the colour page I used that all the time.

Jim Simon

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 2:18 pm

Dynamicworm wrote:I never found key framing motion using transform in the edit page very good
It's definitely not as good as what you can do in Fusion.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Dynamicworm

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 2:36 pm

Haven't got my head around Fusion yet but I know it's powerful :D

Marc Wielage

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:45 am

Dynamicworm wrote:I am using sizing in the colour page to apply a motion effect to a still image. I have two other images identical in length which I'd like to copy this motion effect to, so effectively just copying the keyframes, but I cannot work out how to do this and I have tried everything.

Do this:

1) on the Color page, go to the Marks menu and choose "Keyframe Timeline Mode -> Sizing"

2) right-click in the Gallery and choose Apply Grades Using -> Keyframes Aligning Start Frames"

3) go the shot that already has correct keyframe choices. Grab that shot as a Gallery still.

4) go the new shot that does not have any keyframes. Center-mouse-click on the Gallery still. All the PTZR positions and keyframes should copy over without changing color.

This is all covered in the manual, but you have to dig for it.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve