Planar tracker with several pictures in a row

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Hawaiiwillsink

Planar tracker with several pictures in a row

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to DaVinci Resolve and have the following issue:

I want to create a videoclip based on a picture of my camera.

In this clip, I want to align pictures with the camera screen and the pictures shown shall change after a certain time one after another.

So far, I was able to align a picture with the screen using PlanarTracker.

But I simply can't manage to add other pictures and to get it to jump from one to the other picture.

Can anyone help please? Attached a picture of what I was able to achieve so far.

Would it maybe be easier to simply create a separate clip with all the pictures and then track that clip instead as a single object?

Thanks a lot in advance
Attachments
Planar Tracker.png
Planar Tracker.png (805.16 KiB) Viewed 78 times

mhd_ayman282

Re: Planar tracker with several pictures in a row

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 1:23 pm

Try this:
- after finishing tracking in planner tracker node, click on create planner transform
- it will create a new node
- attach first image to the new "planner transform node"
- attach transform node between the image and planner transform to manage the size of the image
- attach this pipe to the camera (background) node by merge node
- copy this pipe (transform node, planner tracker) and paste it again
- attach the new image to the new pipe
- merge it with the main pipe by a new merge node
- repeat this process as much as the number of images
- click on the first image node and from inspectior (change the global in/out to desire timeframe you want it to appear (the first image is from (0 to for example 50frame)
- then change the next image from the end frame of the first image (50- 100) and extra...

tell me if you still facing problem and i will record the screen to show it easier for you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve