Recording audio issue from Zoom H6 into Fairlight

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

larryluvsgadgets

Recording audio issue from Zoom H6 into Fairlight

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 9:40 pm

I am using a Zoom H6 as an interface for a microphone on channel 1 and channel 2. I have set up Windows to accept the H6 as the primary microphone input. In Fairlight, I set the source as H6 mic 1 and H6 mic 2, the destination to track input (A2 Vocal 1, A3 Vocal 2) highlighted and patched. The mixer shows the input in each corresponding channel. When I click Arm to Record, no meters show any action. However, on the H6 I can see the meters working according to the mic input.
H6 is set to be used as a USB Audio Interface and levels are set according to the H6 manual.
I wish to use the H6 for recording dual vocals straight to Davinci.
I'm currently using Davinci Resolve version 18.6.6

Thanks

Reynaud Venter

Re: Recording audio issue from Zoom H6 into Fairlight

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 6:41 am

Has Resolve been granted permission in Windows Privacy Settings?
Start Menu > Settings > Privacy > Microphone
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

larryluvsgadgets

Re: Recording audio issue from Zoom H6 into Fairlight

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, permissions were granted. What is weird to me is I got it to show meters on one mic but not both. When I tried to figure out why (changed cables, input positions, etc. I lost the one channel that worked and can't get it back either. Davinici sees the mic, windows sees the mic, permissions are granted and still no meters.
I did try to use the setup in Audacity and got the same failed result. I don't know if its a Windows issue, Zoom H6 issue, or some sort of weird computer hardware config issue. The PC was professionally built for video editing.

Return to DaVinci Resolve