proxa media deinterlace settings

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

pantau000

proxa media deinterlace settings

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 5:21 pm

I guess proxy media generated within DR gets deinterlaced if the target codec is, however, does the deinterlace process respect the project deinterlace settings?

pantau000

Re: proxa media deinterlace settings

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 6:27 pm

Actually it looks like clips do not get deinterlaced, and there is no way to force this.

The same seems to be the case when consolidating media with the media tool...

Uli Plank

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:48 am

You have to define a timeline for interlaced footage, and then you need to set the de-interlacing in Clip Attributes. DR is de-interlacing into twice the number of progressive frames, to keep the temporal resolution. On export you can decide to re-interlace or keep it progressive.
Try it out and then generate the proxies. I don't know how DR is handling the these, since I never needed proxies for interlaced formats (only SD PAL here).
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

pantau000

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 11:58 am

Uli Plank wrote:you need to set the de-interlacing in Clip Attributes

Thanks for the feedback, but it seems weird to me that I have to de-interlace the original media files to be able to de-interlace the proxies. Not really sure what happens if I uncheck "Enable interlace processing" in the project master settings.

Return to DaVinci Resolve