Green Vertical Lines in DaVinci Export Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DaVinciEditor

Green Vertical Lines in DaVinci Export Issue

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 12:37 am

Hello Blackmagic Forum,

I keep getting 4 - 5 vertical green lines on my exports. I have attempted to export the video several times and the lines keep popping up in random places with every export. They are not visible when I watch the video no the timeline.

My computer is a Macbook Pro 16" which I recently updated to macOS Senoma and DaVinci Resolve is version 18.6.6. I have tried may different settings to no avail. I have changed the following settings in attempt to get a good export.

Format: I've tried mp4 and Quicktime
Codec: I've tried H.264 and H.265
Resolution: I've tried Ultra HD and HD
Quality: I've tried 24000 and 80000
Render Speed: I've tried Maximum and 50

I'm starting to think its a macOS Senoma issue becaue A) I'm running out of options and B) I've only noticed this problem about a week ago, around the time I update from macOS Monterey.

This has made me late on a delivery and is very frustrating. Any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DaVinci Export Issue.png
Green vertical line export issue. The lines always are in these two fixed positions but in different places on the video.
DaVinci Export Issue.png (837.82 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Uli Plank

Re: Green Vertical Lines in DaVinci Export Issue

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:44 am

Maybe I'm overcautious, but I always try a 'sandbox' system before upgrading to a new OS.

I'm afraid you are right about this being a Sonoma issue. Before downgrading, I'd suggest to switch off "Use hardware acceleration…" on the Deliver page. Might be slow, but could fix the issue.
Or export in ProRes 422 HQ and encode to your final format with HandBrake, using x.265.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

DaVinciEditor

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am

Hey Uli Plank,

I just wanted update the forum. Yes, after I downgraded my OS back to Big Sur and everything works perfectly. No more green lines. I do however have to upgrade again to Monterey or Ventura because the current versions of Pages, Keynote, and Numbers aren't compatible with Big Sur anymore. smh

Uli Plank

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am

Monterey should be fine.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve