Davinci Resolve Crashing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jeshua Federation

Davinci Resolve Crashing

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 am

So I just recently bought the studio version of Davinci Resolve. But I ran into my first huge issue today. I had 4 clips in a project, and was color grading them, then decided to trim one of the clips. As soon as I trimmed it crashed. Once I tried to open the project again it crashed again instantly, and keeps crashing when I try to open. So I duplicated the project file and tried to open that but it did not fix... I tried moving the clips to another folder to reload them once I get into the project, but still crashes.

Also mind you, I can access any of my other projects easily. Just not this one which I have been able to access for a week now. The only thing that changes is I updated to the new version that came out today (18.6.6). Please if anyone from support sees this, I have the exported project file and the crash logs. Pls help, thank you :)

Uli Plank

Re: Davinci Resolve Crashing

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:20 am

Since you've got Studio, I'd contact support directly.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci Resolve Crashing

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 3:12 am

Please put your logs and project export drp on a file sharing site and provide a link to them here.

New Forum users may not be allowed to post URLs. If that's an issue for you, put a space near the front of the URL, so the forum system doesn't see it as a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve