Bug? End of audio clips not playable

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

akyhne

Bug? End of audio clips not playable

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

In my project, I have some audio voice recordings. They are 32-bit float wav files.

If I drag the clips onto the timeline, the last half second or so, is not there. i can't drag out the end of the clip, so the last bit is playable. My simple solution is of course, to add a few seconds to each clip, but it's annoying.
I tried with 16-bit and 24-bit integer wav, with 44.100 and 48.000 sample rate, but the problem is the same.

Jim Simon

Re: Bug? End of audio clips not playable

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

akyhne wrote:the last half second or so, is not there.
How are you reaching that conclusion? Are you saying there is more to the clip in the Source Viewer than you can get in the Timeline?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

akyhne

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Well, I actually never thought of using the source viewer, as I never use it. But it's the same in the source viewer.

I found the problem, though! It's Adobe Audition 2022, that has a bug, apparently. When i close the recording done via Audition, then reopen it, the last half second is missing there as well. I just never noticed, as I had Audition running the whole time with all clips, as I record them on the fly.
I guess I could just record in Fairlight instead, but I like having my audio and video, as separate, physical files.

Jim Simon

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

A Zoom F2 would work here. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve