How to delete Blackmagic Cloud account

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kfriis

How to delete Blackmagic Cloud account

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 9:21 am

I have searched everywhere. In the cloud account. In the DaVinci Resolve Studio version 18.6 manual. In the forums.

No answer found.

I have deleted everything I possibly can within the account and no payment info available, no access to camera or microphone etc. All uploaded files, proxy folder content deleted as well as upload folder deleted. Zero bytes used. Never activated any payment options.

Now I only need to know, how I delete the Blackmagic Cloud account, I created when the beta test option in the Blackmagic Camera App was initially released.

How does one delete the "Blackmagic Cloud account" (beta or not, empty or not)?

Regards

taispagan

Re: How to delete Blackmagic Cloud account

PostWed May 01, 2024 5:39 pm

Anyone figure it out? I just sent support an email asking about it.

It seems very suspicious how you're not allowed to delete your account, change your email or even your country!

kfriis

Re: How to delete Blackmagic Cloud account

PostWed May 01, 2024 7:23 pm

taispagan wrote:Anyone figure it out? I just sent support an email asking about it.

It seems very suspicious how you're not allowed to delete your account, change your email or even your country!

I had to contact my “local” representative (in a foreign country, outside EU), and the procedure was anything but simple. The guy had a “script to follow” - step by step - half of it bonkers in my view - and it took a long time (the verifikation process would only be regarded safe late last Millennium in my eyes ;-).

After completing the ordeal, the data would be sent to a “non-contactable-by-customers” department, that would do the necessary “clean-up” (for my inner eye I see a late 1970 hollerith athlete starting to sort a wall full of drawers with cards to look for the sought after one - I actually managed such a department in my young days in the early 70’es, and if you pulled the drawer to far out, you literally had a “core dump” mess of cards to sort later).

Shortly after, the guy from abroad sent a mail, confirming my removal.

It was especially simple - ahem - because I had deleted everything and never, ever shared my credit card details. Otherwise… ?

Sigh… if this is BlackMagic standard…. smile… sigh… they have to much income to waste on utterly bonkers bureaucracy ;-)

Regards

Return to DaVinci Resolve