compound audio glitches

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

compound audio glitches

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 pm

just wanted to give an update on this (for me) long persistent issue, where audio glitches are randomly appearing when using compound clips (the compound as an audio source). To describe it, it's "choppy". small portions of audio repeating one or 2 times, or silent portions when it should not be silence, etc. It is still happening now and then. I'm currently on 18.6, but i also found this in 19beta, on a mac studio ultra m1, and m2. The hard part is that i have no idea how to reproduce it, but in my long-term experience, i found it mostly happening in longer timelines (1hour plus).

The solution for now is to flatten the compound clips, but this is still a workaround, not ideal. I'm using 48k 24bit wave files in this case. It also sometimes works to just add a cut to the audio file inside the compound clip.

Especially with longer timelines, this can really break your workflow. It's that i know about it, and can anticipate, but it can easily ruin a project if one is not aware, as it can sneak into the final delivery, making it a serious issue.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=130120
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=140103
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=86416

Spencer Morris

Re: compound audio glitches

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 7:01 pm

I agree and am a little upset that this still has not been fixed by Blackmagic as I've posted about it in the past and we're still getting bugs in exports when we don't decompose (which makes a mess of our timelines on these long webinars we're editing).

Have you submitted this as a bug to DR? I can't remember if I have, but if you haven't, I will.

Return to DaVinci Resolve