Fairlight - deleted automation comes back

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Randle

Fairlight - deleted automation comes back

PostSun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm

I'm using Resolve v18.6 in Windows. There seems to be a thing where automation from an old timeline in the same project reappears in a new timeline even after it's been overwritten. These are two different episodes in the same video series - different media, new tracks, different layouts.

The first time it happened I just figured the automation stuck with a track, so I over-wrote it. But then, after a lot of picture editing, with no problem, I noticed that the old automation returned, and I can't figure out why.

I've done tests, and it doesn't seem to be because I opened the old timeline. And I didn't import anything.

Does anybody have any clues why this is happening?

Thanks,
Randy

Reynaud Venter

Re: Fairlight - deleted automation comes back

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 6:15 am

Is this a sporadic issue or is it consistent?

Is this behaviour reproducible across different Projects or specific to a particular Project?

Was the Timeline duplicated or media copied between Timelines?

Are you able to include a link to a Project (.drp without media) which illustrates this issue?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Randle

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm

Thanks for helping me with this.

I've noticed this issue twice, so I couldn't say it's consistent.

I've only had it on this project.

I did duplicate timelines, many times, in fact. But this problem has only happened those two times. And I did copy a title card graphic before this happened (not actual external media). Could that have caused Fairlight to import all the automation?

I've never sent a link this way. See if you can download from WeTransfer There's a drp file and a text file explaining what's in the project. https://we.tl/t-IzE1oDpqBi

P.S. I did do a test to see if, by opening the old automated timeline, it somehow caused the automation to be imported into the current timeline, and it didn't.

Thanks again,
Randy

Reynaud Venter

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 6:36 am

Thank you for the Project link and description. Will take a look.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve