Uninstall completely DaVinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mayu826

Uninstall completely DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 am

Hello,
Every time I uninstall this software, even with Revo Uninstaller, after reinstallation all settings and projects come back.

Why do I want to completely uninstall this software?
As soon as the projects window opens, it creates a "Download" folder for me in the E:\ drive. This E:\ drive was my old drive which contained the "Download" folder. After a disk addition, drive E:\ became Drive F:\. The current E:\ drive no longer contains the "Download" folder since it is in the F:\ drive.

I can't find the path E:\download\ in the settings. This is why I am trying to uninstall it properly so as to no longer have the creation of this "Download" folder in the E: drive.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Simon

Re: Uninstall completely DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 10:50 pm

I found this to do a pretty thorough job when you select the option to remove leftovers.

https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Paul Draper

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 am

Mayu826 wrote:As soon as the projects window opens, it creates a "Download" folder for me in the E:\ drive. This E:\ drive was my old drive which contained the "Download" folder. After a disk addition, drive E:\ became Drive F:\. The current E:\ drive no longer contains the "Download" folder since it is in the F:\ drive.

I can't find the path E:\download\ in the settings. This is why I am trying to uninstall it properly so as to no longer have the creation of this "Download" folder in the E: drive.
Different issues here I think. 'project windw creating downloads folder'? Not clear about your terminology here, but this could mean re-setting Resolve's default save path [?] See viewtopic.php?f=21&t=183547

Anther possible issue is the nutty time-wasting tendency that Windows has in relation to changing Drive Letters. Used to drive me nuts that one, Win 10 & Win 11 the same as far as my experience goes. In any case, you'll need to do a little research on how to solve that particular problem, depending on your exact circumstance, eg, this may be a good place to start: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-assi ... windows-10

Otherwise, I agree that I/OBit Unistaller (free version) generally does a fine job of cleaning up leftovers etc, but not before the drive letter problem is sorted. Hope that helps.
MacPro 7,1 16 core, 192GB, MacOS 14.4.1, Vega II Duo. Antelope Pure 2 & Orion 32+, UA Apollo x8. RAID-4 Thunderbay 6, RAID-0 Sonnet M.2 4x4. MiniMon 4k, Dell U3415W & BenQ SW2700PT. Nuendo, Wavelab, Resolve Studio 18.6.6.

Igor Riđanović

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 11:33 pm

Those settings are intentionally left behind. Most uninstallers will do that for convenience. If you reinstall at a later time you're right where you left it off.

If you want to get rid of all of it make sure to delete
Code: Select all
%programdata%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve