Speed Editor Ripple Delete issues (Edit page)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rene Mikkelsen

Speed Editor Ripple Delete issues (Edit page)

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 8:27 am

Most of the time, I am really happy with the Speed Editor - both on the Cut and Edit Page.
On the Edit Page, i use SPLIT, SPLIT, Ripple Delete quite a bit to remove dead air, and other small unwanted clips in interviews and MOST of the time, there are no issues.

But SOMETIMES, wehen I've made 2 cuts and wheel over the part I want to Ripple Delete, only one track is rippled and the remaining tracks are moved left, overriding previous parts of their respective clips.

In the example, I have one 1 video track with one audio track and 3 images on top of that (I don't mind having the images cut up),
I have used SPLIT on the SE to make the 2 cuts.

Image 1 - I have made a cut, shown just after the playhead.
20240425_SE_01_before.jpg
20240425_SE_01_before.jpg (72.49 KiB) Viewed 684 times

Image 2 - After I hit Ripple Delete, the top most clip is deleted and the 3 layers below are rippled left, but not deleted.
20240425_SE_02_after.jpg
20240425_SE_02_after.jpg (67.85 KiB) Viewed 684 times

In this example, I am showing a ripple at the start of a split clip, but the same thing happens when I do SPLIT, SPLIT and Ripple Delete in the middle of a clip. The 3 lower tracks are moved to the left, overriding whatever was on those tracks.

Using DR Studio 18.6.6 build 7 + Speed Editor.

Uli Plank

Re: Speed Editor Ripple Delete issues (Edit page)

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm

Being aware that it's a beta version and that you should make a full backup first, 19 might be worth a try.
The support for the SE in the Edit page has been improved considerably.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Zack_W

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 11:23 pm

Uli Plank wrote:Being aware that it's a beta version and that you should make a full backup first, 19 might be worth a try.

Hi Uli -
Is there a list of changes in v19 when using the Speed Editor with the Edit page? My impression (and I hope I'm wrong!) was that Speed Editor functionality with the Edit age was only minimally changed with v19 - big improvements were supposed to be with bluetooth reliability.

Rene Mikkelsen

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 am

Uli Plank wrote:Being aware that it's a beta version and that you should make a full backup first, 19 might be worth a try.

Looking forward to v19, but for now, I have 2 projects that I need to get done (by the time they are done, stable is probably also out :) )

Br

René

Return to DaVinci Resolve