Davinci Resolve 18 Studio Slow Export/Rendering with Fusion

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

yuyilon0820

Davinci Resolve 18 Studio Slow Export/Rendering with Fusion

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 am

I was working on a simple project, with just one video under 3 minutes, no edits of multiple videos, just color grading and one Fusion effect (Grid Warp).

I chose CUDA and NVDIA in the GPU preference and I chose NVDIA as my encoder when exporting. It shows that it will take more than one hour to render a video under 3 minutes, and when I open my task manager, it shows that the GPU utilization is at about 20%, with video encode only at around 3%. It uses up almost all of my RAM (64gb)

I took out the fusion effect and tried rendering again, and now it only takes about 5 minutes to render, with GPU utilization at almost 100% and video encode at around 25%. Now it uses significantly lower RAM, at about 8gb out of my 64gb.

So I can see that Fusion is the reason why it's rendering so slow, while I do hope that it's actually something I missed while doing the Grid Warp in Fusion that it slowed everything down, I'm also just wondering why my GPU does not help render/encode Fusion effects (if I did nothing wrong). I tried to research on Google and I can't find any answers.

Hope I can get some answers here.

Return to DaVinci Resolve