advance purchase of Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dennysb

advance purchase of Resolve

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 6:11 am

I'm waiting for my BMCC and I will wait...... but do not want to be penalize in waiting for Resolve also - I want to use multi GPUs and noise reduction and.. you get the picture.

BM, If I purchase a copy now,can I get credit when I receive my BMCC? - OR would I get penalize for camera delay and thus end up paying full price for Resolve, despite the BMCC?

I rather get an official "NO" than no response - of course would rather heat a yes! :)

jasonxinzhou

Re: advance purchase of Resolve

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 am

dennysb wrote:I'm waiting for my BMCC and I will wait...... but do not want to be penalize in waiting for Resolve also - I want to use multi GPUs and noise reduction and.. you get the picture.

BM, If I purchase a copy now,can I get credit when I receive my BMCC? - OR would I get penalize for camera delay and thus end up paying full price for Resolve, despite the BMCC?

I rather get an official "NO" than no response - of course would rather heat a yes! :)

Since I made an international order @b&h, I was asked to pay full price in advance for bmcc and I did. I am okay with the delay of bmcc coz I understand there's manufacture deficiency. But Resolve has no problem, so I am as eager as you to have my Resolve shipped.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 am

And what happens if you get Resolve but then cancel your pre-order of BMCC?
Also B&H or your dealer may have your money, but that doesn't mean BMD does.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Jesuan Soriano

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

that's not possible.....I asked the same question some time ago and the direct answer from BMD was that "you would have two full copies of DR9" :)

so I think you must wait or just have two copies

Jesus
Jesus Soriano

dennysb

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm

"CaptainHook" - I was referring to buying the copy and then IF I got the BMCC camera (not canceling) to get credit for it.

"Jesuan" yeap you are right, as there is no legal obligation to provide you resolve outside the bundled. BUT, If I was to be asked to come up with an idea of good will to all the people (specially those that have paid already) with backordered for cameras - having an option to purchase Resolve and get full credit when camera shipped would be great. Yes, it will make BM accounting/sales dept work harder - but I think it would be a good move.

Oh well who I am kidding... Nobody gives a sh$@%& about it, I have to stop believing Companies "feel" for the customer. The only thing they "feel" is wen payment is received :lol: I supposed the nice lady passing me the food in the drivethru is not smilling at me because she likes me, she was just trained to do so ;)

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I think it might cost both your dealer and BMD to set up a 'program' like that.

Your dealer has to keep records of who purchased Resolve as part of the BMCC 'program', then inform BMD they will not pay them full price for the camera when the dealer purchases it from BMD to then sell onto the customer. Can the dealer just sell any copy of Resolve they already have, or do they order 'special' versions from BMD (potentially meaning they have to purchase more copies of Resolve from BMD than they want)? Either way, BMD will also have to keep track of this to make sure the dealer doesn't order a camera at discount for a copy of resolve that didn't actually get sold etc. It could get messy so at the least BMD will need one person full time to manage the program. Think about how many pre-orders and dealers there are that BMD would need to deal with. This means less resources into actually getting the camera shipped. We also don't know the mark-up on either item so it could be that either your dealer or BMD loses out because of that too.

It would be a 'nice' gesture, but it seems to me it's a lot more complicated to do than one might think and will also be costly due to that, potentially for both dealer and BMD. For a camera like this and the price it's at, might not be realistic ...? I could be wrong though.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Jesuan Soriano

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm

haahahhha _OMG!!!

I thought the same and I proposed the same as you but it's not possible, think in why do they have to control all the copies out there and then give you the camera, so ones should be with DR9...other without it...send the correct...the reseller to figure out it....I think it is unnecesssary work while you are having DR9. I think BMD listen to their costumers but they can not offer everything they ask....it's just like any other company ...imagine all your companies in all sectors of your life doing all the things that costumers ask...that would be so costly for everyone and unnecessary and unlogic...so...let's wait for our BMCC with our DR9 and just be happy :D

Jesus
Jesus Soriano

dennysb

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Jesuan wrote:haahahhha _OMG!!!

I thought the same and I proposed the same as you but it's not possible, think in why do they have to control all the copies out there and then give you the camera, so ones should be with DR9...other without it...send the correct...the reseller to figure out it....I think it is unnecesssary work while you are having DR9. I think BMD listen to their costumers but they can not offer everything they ask....it's just like any other company ...imagine all your companies in all sectors of your life doing all the things that costumers ask...that would be so costly for everyone and unnecessary and unlogic...so...let's wait for our BMCC with our DR9 and just be happy :D

Jesus

I only ask questions like this to companies that are 6 month late delivering product. The ones I get product "reasonably" on-schedule - I don't ask :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesuan Soriano

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Hahahahahahaha I know they are 3 months late.(since they said it would ship in july)
But I get your point, but there are a lot of things they can not do. (shipping cameras is one of them)
:D
Jesus
Jesus Soriano

dennysb

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

Jesuan wrote:Hahahahahahaha I know they are 3 months late.(since they said it would ship in july)
But I get your point, but there are a lot of things they can not do. (shipping cameras is one of them)
:D
Jesus

Correct is actually 3 months, but I wanted a dramatic tone on my statement, so I exaggerated ;)

Return to DaVinci Resolve