question about upgrade from 10.1.5 Lite to 11beta Lite

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Evgeniy Rusinov

question about upgrade from 10.1.5 Lite to 11beta Lite

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Hellow!
I have installed 10.1.5 Lite on mountain lion, and i have unfinished projects in Davinci
If I install Davinci 11beta - it will replace the old version? or install it separately and I will have two versions?
And if it will replace the old version - does my projects will transfer to the new 11beta?

avpfilms

Re: question about upgrade from 10.1.5 Lite to 11beta Lite

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 pm

just did that, I put 10.5 in its own folder and added suffix to the app and 11 didn't install over, BUT OUCH, when I went back to open projects in DR 10 I'm getting all sorts of errors ONLY after installing beta 11.

Error: QTDecoder client version (1.2.0) does not match QTDecoder version (1.3.1)
Could not connect to QTDecoder
Error: Decoder Client Version (4.3.4) does not match RED Decoder version (4.3.6)
Failed to Initialize RED Decoder with configured number of decoders.

I'm going to try and re-install 10.5 and see if that resolves the issue, no pun intended. What a pain.

11 won't import FCPXml that does import in 10, but then get all sorts of goofiness trying to change project frame rate to match isn't sticking now. aye yi yi

Update: Re-installed 10.5.1 and all errors gone, can only conclude that 11 beta must be changing the above decoders and other things when you install on same machine running 10.5.1, bummer. Maybe they'll update 10.5 accordingly. Would love to play with 11 without destroying my other projects just yet. Oh, ps, I always create a new database on these things instead of potentially messing up my old ones.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: question about upgrade from 10.1.5 Lite to 11beta Lite

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 pm

That's why we recommend you don't install multiple versions at once. Install the version you need, when you need it. If you have V10 database backups to go back to, it's no problem to install V11 when you want to use it, then install V10 when you need to use that. Just realize that projects saved in V11 won't open in V10.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve