DaVinci Resolve Lite or DaVinci Resolve Software (paid)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

StageFilmes

DaVinci Resolve Lite or DaVinci Resolve Software (paid)

PostThu Jun 26, 2014 5:13 am

Hello,

I used a machine to do editing, compositing, 2D and 3D, and started on colorization
The setting is so reasonable for videos in FullHD
i7 2600K at 4.2GHz
24GB RAM 1600 MHz
EVGA GTX 580 3GB
Corsair 180GB SSD ForceGT for Windows 7 64-bit
and 4 hdds 2tb and 3tb hds 3 (no RAID)

Recently i got files from BMCC 2.5k and noticed a significant delay to view and convert files CinemaDNG RAW 2.5k using either Adobe Premiere or DC DaVinci Resolve Lite 10.1.5.

My framerate was between 2 and 4 FPS with a 2TB HD using DaVinci with 2 nodes adjustment and the primary and secondary to convert to. H264 mov adjustments.

When I needed to make the track by DaVinci stood at 1-2 fps working with files from Camera Canon 5D and 6D and the BMCC 2.5k

I noticed that it needed a more powerful machine, after almost 2 weeks researching settings, read the manual very recommended parts for Davinci Resolve i bought another computer with the following settings:
i7 4930k
ASUS X79 DELUXE MOBO
4X8GB 2400mhz RAM G.SKILL
1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD 240GB
1 GIGABYTE 3GB GTX 780ti
1 EVGA GTX 580 3GB
1 SSD 240GB
4x4TB Seagate 5900 rpm in RAID to stay with a single unit of 16TB

The question is about the Davinci Resolve Lite (free) performance and the DaVinci Resolve (paid version)

Is there any difference in performance of the two softwares to use the maximum performance of the machine?

I really want to be able to grade files from BMCC, Canon 5D and 6D and be able to watch the DaVinci real-time and feel when rendering machine performance in near real-time

These settings on the new computer can meet the requirements by DaVinci Resolve

But would really like to know if there is a difference in performance using the DVR Lite or DVR Software paid version

Return to DaVinci Resolve