reinstall and lost my grades/ projects

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

KeithM

reinstall and lost my grades/ projects

PostTue Jul 01, 2014 6:57 pm

so am an idiot, not 100% idiot but close. Reinstalled my mac and now no projects/ grades in davinci. Thing is I am pretty darn sure they were saved onto my raid (from last time I moved it), but cannot find them (last reinstall was a while ago) or not sure how to. If not I did clone my startup (with carbon copy cloner), but stupidly not as a boot. all help desperately appreciated!

Keith

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: reinstall and lost my grades/ projects

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 am

Do you know Keith, were you using disk database or Postgres server?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 am

It depends on what type of database you were using.

If you were using a PostgreSQL database, and you rebuilt your system drive, and you did not have a database backup .backup file created for the database, then you have lost the data.

If you have a clone of your original system drive, and you can send the /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder from that to support, we can attempt to recover your database(s) for you.

If you were using a Disk database, then you can copy the Resolve Projects folder from where ever that was on your original drive to a location on your new drive, and use the Resolve Database Manager window Connect menu to reconnect to it.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

KeithM

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Dwaine, Peter, I managed to find it, it was on a separate raid (I have one 12tb raid with conventional drives) and a 1tb raid of two SSDs. Thanks for your help. One issue I've got now as it seems to see the projects as read only and therefor have to resave not a big deal, but was wondering if there is a fix. Finally think I might have posted this before, but my current setup is 1x 780 3gb with 1x 770 4gb. I am wondering whether peformance would be better/ worse if I switched the 780 for another 770 4gb? 780 is a pain as prevents open cl at mo, plus am I right in thinking that 780 drops to 3gb when used with 770? Setup is 10.9.1 osx, with 32gb ram and 3770k processor.

Thanks so much,

Keith

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 am

I would treat what you have found as projects to import once... read them all, save with a different project name and archive.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve