No cuda acceleration hardware detected resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Brandon Richardson

No cuda acceleration hardware detected resolve

PostWed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm not even sure where to post this, but I have seen a number of new and old threads about this. A bug or bugs that I have found in regards to the Lite version of Resolve with cuda cards not being detected.

1.) If I overclock my GPU manually or K Boost where it runs at the max speed always, it does something wonky to Davinci and it no longer recognizes the card even when Cuda-Z is still showing the card. This forces me to do a clean install of the current driver to get resolve back running and I duplicate this every time I OC or K Boost the card. Pretty sure its something in resolve. Sometimes the clean install of the driver doesn't work and I have to fresh install Resolve and the driver to get it running again.

2.) When I OC my monitor past 60hz it also does something wonky to resolve. If its right at 60hz its fine if I OC to 61 just for the hell of it resolve gives the cuda error message. It does it at 96hz as well even when the monitor shows stable at 96hz.

Return to DaVinci Resolve