Converted rig to use Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

remylebeau

Converted rig to use Resolve

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 am

Hey All,

New to the board and using Resolve and just wanted to get feedback on my set up. I originally built my rig to handle photo editing and graphic design, but I'm getting more into video editing which led me to install Resolve.

At first it didn't run because I had dual radeon 5750s going, but this morning I bought a couple secondhand GTX 560s and Resolve seems to be going strong. Actually I can tell a performance difference already from just the photo editing I've done.

Anyway, I looked through the manual and it has a small window/list of compatible components but I know there's more that will work. Just wanted to have you all look over my rig and flag any issues you might see?

Mind you I'm not doing any broadcast or high end work, it'll be mainly for small business promos, wedding videos etc.

AMD Phenom II Quad 3.2ghz
16gb Kingston HyperX Ram
Corsair Force GT 180gb SSD(For OS and Apps only)
WD 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive for Scratch Disk(Will upgrade to 512gb SSD when cash flow free's up)
Dual GTX 560 DDR5 1GB Video Cards

Would this be adequate for doing basic color grading, render etc? I'm running Premiere CS6 right now and it seems to be working well with the rig so far.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Converted rig to use Resolve

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm

The hardware looks fine. I'd probably recommend setting up a small raid instead of trying to go to single drives. Not doing so could have some playback impacts, but if you're happy to wait for it then that's fine.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to DaVinci Resolve