Davinci Resolve Crashes opening project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rob Fasold

Davinci Resolve Crashes opening project

PostSat Nov 22, 2014 8:55 pm

I've been working on a project the last 2 weeks and for some odd reason Davinci Resolve now crashes every time I open it. I have tried re-installing the same version (11.1.1.006) and even tried installing the previous version (11.1) to no avail - it crashes each and every time. This is NOT good as I am facing a deadline. No new hardware or software has been installed since the last time I successfully opened the project, nor have any new files been added to the folder the project resides in. I am using the lite version.

Below are screen-grabs of the crash details:

Any and all help is highly appreciated as my problem is time sensitive.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Last edited by Rob Fasold on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob Fasold

Re: Davinci Resolve Crashes opening project

PostSat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

In case it helps I'm running Windows 7 pro, 24GB, Nvidia K4000,K2000 & decklink mini-monitor.

Rob Fasold

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 5:28 am

If I open another project, play one of the timelines, click the home button link and select the project in question it will SOMETIMES open without crashing but this is hardly a statisfactory resolution. Has no one else experienced this problem?

Erwan Robert-Thomasson

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 9:56 am

hello,
have you tried putting all youf files offline?
I've had a similar issue caused by a video file wich contained % in it"s name, and it caused crash after the project habe been long used already.
Try putting all your files offlne, and then tweak the timeline while relinking slowly. This is how I found out where the problem came from.

Return to DaVinci Resolve