Resolve 11 Crashing When I Render Certain Clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Moss Davis

Resolve 11 Crashing When I Render Certain Clips

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi,

Im new to the forum and a novice with colour grading, slowly getting there however Ive come across a problem that really slows down my workflow.

As normal I have put a load of RAW clips from my BMPCC on the timeline, graded them and then I go to export them as ProRes. Most of the time it works fine, however some clips cause it to crash without warning. It doesn't show a crash report or anything it just disappears, most of the the time I don't even realise - very annoying.

Its only certain clips and once I've found the offending clip it will even crash when I just play the clip in the timeline when it gets to a specific point.

My first thought was a corrupt file from the camera but it plays fine. Could a dropped frame cause it to crash like this, I can't see any dropped frames and I'm using the Pro Sandisk SD cards?

I hope you can help me out, very annoying as I don't know whats causing it.
Thanks

Oscar Romero

Re: Resolve 11 Crashing When I Render Certain Clips

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Hello Moss!
Is there any crossfade or effects in the timeline. I faced the same problem with a sequence exported from Avid MC but I could not see any effect but there was one.

Moss Davis

PostSat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 am

Nope no effects or crossfades, Literally just some clips make the whole thing disappear when exporting. Strange :(

Moss Davis

PostSat Nov 29, 2014 10:38 am

Okay Im 99% sure its corrupt frames coming out the BMPCC.

Just went through the folder of .dng's and where it crashes there are 4 frames that can't be opened in photoshop and one that looks corrupt.

Is there anyway of getting Resolve to ignore those frames, I really need the rest of the clip rendered out! :(

Is this a fault with the SD Card then?

Return to DaVinci Resolve