Resolve Feature Requests

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

danielstonehouse

Resolve Feature Requests

PostWed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am

- Difference blending mode as an offline wipe choice and also as a still wipe choice

- Offline wipe in edit page outputs to broadcast monitor

- Export XML defaults filename to name of exported timeline

- Export XML and similar finder style export dialogs allows pasting of text (currently doesn't, very frustrating)

- Improvements in handling of antialiasing of transparent graphics (this is currently a big problem for me, I would say my number one problem, see below image)

- Ability to change "background colour" (ie timeline image area that is not footage, not blanking) to photoshop style transparency tile grid or to a user controlled colour (ie bright orange)- to better reveal any issues with repositions - current grey option not high contrast enough, doesn't show repositions that are accidentally short of the blanking, can still miss black edges on dark clips

- Redesign of the linked clips indicator to show whether there are other linked clips with remote grades to the left or the right on the timeline ie 3 modes for the icon, one for first clip in timeline one for last and one indicating linked clips to the left and to the right

- mini timeline on colour page maintains scale

- subtle 50% orange indication of clips linked with remote grades to the current clip in the mini timeline in colour page. possibly 25% orange indicator to show linked clips with different grade version

- Snap to grid and clean up option in node viewer

- Operation to change timeline resolution that works similarly to "canvas size" operation in photoshop (ie you can add 100 pixels to top bottom left right of timeline resolution while keeping scaling / positioning the same.

- checkbox to export XML with render settings on deliver page

-Ability to flag specific video tracks (and flag individual clips) to ignore / bypass timeline grade

paulgolden

Re: Resolve Feature Requests

PostWed Nov 26, 2014 6:52 am

You're not alone in thinking the handling of anti-aliasing graphics is terrible. I tried bringing a triple scale logo as a PNGA and it was a disaster. Jaggy as hell. But Resolve-generated type is also really bad, so there's something wrong with how Resolve handles graphics in general. And there also needs to be a way to handle vector graphics like PDF or EPS files as well.

John Sellars

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 5:38 pm

- Redesign of the linked clips indicator to show whether there are other linked clips with remote grades to the left or the right on the timeline ie 3 modes for the icon, one for first clip in timeline one for last and one indicating linked clips to the left and to the right

Something like this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4428

Iliya Gitlin

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 6:28 pm

I'd like to see in the new version:
- opening supplemental DCP.
- Creation of DCP with cutting into rolls.( using marker or cut tool)
- Opening and rendering 3D DCP.
- The ability to render sound when choosing render to dpx (or other sequence).
- Render audio to AAC for Resolve for windows.
- render only audio
- Add to preferences setting the number of output channels for the audio mix by default for new projects( for example set to 6ch for all new projects)
CPU i9-10940X
RAM 96Gb
GPU RTX3070+RTX3080 latest studio driver
Win11Pro 22H2
Resolve Studio 18,6,2

danielstonehouse

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 3:11 am

John Sellars wrote:

Something like this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4428

Very much like this! I've even gone so far as to mock up similar icons to yours.

In addition I think linked clips should be highlighted in a subdued colour in the mini timeline. If the mini timeline can then be fixed so it maintains the scale you set, rather than defaulting every time you switch to another page, you then have a clear overview of all the linked clips to your current clip.

Lee Gauthier

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 am

Request:

Add targets to the Color Match palette:

White Card
Grey Card
White & Grey card
White, Grey & Black Card

Yes, I know you can't get as accurate a match as with an X-rite or other target. However, it would be useful for those times when you get a simple target on the slate, and it could quickly remove color cast and get you into the ballpark.

Mattias Valenca

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 am

- H264/AVC CUDA-accelerated encoding. Right now our machines can render dnxhd masters faster than h264 previews, which makes it very time cosuming to send stuff to clients for review. Maybe something like the SDK:s MainConcept has could be integrated "under the hood" of the program? Fast h264 for dailies with metadata burn-in would be really, really great to have.

- Fusion mattes/node trees import for grading. I guess this might be something you're working on, but being able to directly import data from comps could greatly improve grading/DI workflows.

Jörg Eberhardt

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I think it would be important especially when many bugs would disappear.
e.g.
Stabilizer zoom does not work. And that's been a time like this.
FCP XML import does not work properly.
TIFF, PNG, PSD support is not working properly.

Chris Kenny

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 pm

iliyaG wrote:- Add to preferences setting the number of output channels for the audio mix by default for new projects( for example set to 6ch for all new projects)

Audio Mixer configuration presets would be nice too.
DI Workflow, Nice Dissolve
http://nicedissolve.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve