import 2K source, display in 1080Psf24 Not realtime play

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kenas Li

import 2K source, display in 1080Psf24 Not realtime play

PostThu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 am

Hi community,

I usually use DaVinci Resolve for real time display for present. But I always encounter a problem, which happen from time to time, and I hope to find a solution for it.

The problem is that, when I import all my 2K sources into a project, and the project set in 1080Psf24 for display resolution, there are total 5 layers in the timeline, and 3 of the layers have basic colour correction (usually all apply with Arri Luts), sometimes, it plays quite smooth, sometimes, it just play very slow, which is not in real time, and i tried to disable the other 4 layers, it still plays very slow...and I also add a basic text layer upon each clip and a tiff act as a black bar, will these two layers affect the speed as well? if yes, are there anything in the resolve can help me add black bar on each clip without import outside stuff?

The real time problem happen after I renew hard disks. I used the speed test to test my new RAID0 (21.8T), the read speed is 1025.9 MB/s, and write is 441.1 MB/s.

And I discovered that DPDecoder.exe appear 8 times, each 4184K in my Window Task Manager, conhost.exe appear 9 times, 2448K/each. QTDecoder.exe runs 278668K. Besides, Resolve.exe runs read in 63269528 bytes/sec. I wonder is that normal or not.

I am now using DaVinci Resolve 10.1
Computer spec is running in Window 7 SP1
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3801 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 32.0 GB
Display card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Drives: 344.75
using Decklink 4K Extreme

Thank you all for reading this!
Please help if you have any idea~

Return to DaVinci Resolve