GPU Advanced OpenCL selection

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thomas Fowler

GPU Advanced OpenCL selection

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 8:00 am

If I were to have more than 2 video cards how would I select the one Resolve Lite would use for processing? I also use NeatVideo and want to dedicate one of the cards to this, but I am unclear on which of the cards Resolve would be using. I would like to use an advanced parameter code similar to the codes available to the CUDA users but for an OpenCL AMD based system. Is there any such possibility?
Resolve 12.5 Studio, Windows10 X64, i5 3570K, 32Gb, (2)R9 280X, (2)WD Black raid 0, Samsung SSD (scratch)

JPOwens

Re: GPU Advanced OpenCL selection

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Thomas Fowler wrote:how would I select the one Resolve Lite would use for processing?

You should check the configuration guide for how many GPUs the LIte version can access.

Usually Resolve picks the one that is not attached to a monitor, since the one that is, is presumed to be the UI.

jPo

Thomas Fowler

Re: GPU Advanced OpenCL selection

PostTue Dec 02, 2014 12:02 am

I currently have Three ATI R9 280X's in my machine and may add a Fourth soon. I realize that Resolve Lite only uses One card for the GUI and another for processing if available. The question is which of the remaining non-GUI cards will be selected for that processing. I understand this could be done with codes like these in the past:
LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
LsManager.3.GPUMapping = 1
LsManager.3.GPUMappingEnable = 1
But these are for CUDA systems. Is there something like this for OpenCL?
Resolve 12.5 Studio, Windows10 X64, i5 3570K, 32Gb, (2)R9 280X, (2)WD Black raid 0, Samsung SSD (scratch)

Return to DaVinci Resolve