Moving a project from computer to computer in Resolve Lite

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

malcolmwmurray

Moving a project from computer to computer in Resolve Lite

PostSun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi There,
I am new to the Davinci workflow and had a question. I am grading in Resolve Lite on my iMac but want to grade the same project file on my laptop at some point. Is it possible to migrate a project from computer to computer in Resolve Lite? I have tried to do this but when I download Resolve Lite onto my laptop I am forced to created a new username, and the program doesn't recognize project files created on my iMac.

Any thoughts? Is migrating projects from computer to computer only enabled in the full version of Resolve? If so, do I need to re-author the original iMac project file in the full version, or can I simply install the full version of Resolve on my laptop at some point and then import my iMac Resolve Lite project file from there?

Thanks for your help,
Malcolm

Evan Anthony

Re: Moving a project from computer to computer in Resolve Li

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I do this all the time.

Open the project and then go to file, then export. Then on the other system you can import the project. Just make sure the drives are mounted and listed in Prefs

-Evan

Return to DaVinci Resolve