Da Vinci version 9,10,or 11?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Anne-Elise Smithson

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 am

Hi, I bought my BMC 2 years ago, and it came with Da Vinci 9 disc, but it says a dongle is required because of a licence issue. Trouble is, I never received a dongle with my camera. How do I fix this problem?

My second question is, will my PC support version 10 or 11, when it is a NVIDIA Geoforce 332.33, i5-4200U, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system? I'm using Windows 8.1.

If I try to install, it states there's no CUDA acceleration hardware recognised. Thanks in advance.

adamroberts

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 pm

The dongle is a USB stick. It should have been in the same package as the discs. If it was missing you should have contacted the retailer you bought the camera from. 2yrs later is probably too late.

If you don't have the dongle simply download the Lite version. It has most of the features of the full version anyway. You'll only really be missing noise reduction and support for multiple GPUs.

As for what version to run, I would run the latest version 11.1.x

Download it from the support section of the BM site.

You'll need a modern GeForce GTX GPU. Something like a GTX780 with 4GB of video RAM.

Adam Simmons

Re: Da Vinci version 9,10,or 11?

PostTue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 am

You've given the nVidia driver version, but not the actual card that you have installed on your system.

From what I can see of the CPU it appears to be a laptop that you are using. You may need to go into Resolve and under preferences, advanced add in the following

LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
LsManager.3.GPUMapping = 0
LsManager.3.GPUMappingEnable = 1
Local.GPU.Mode = CUDA

You may also need to update the nVidia driver, although I wouldn't expect to much out of that system as the CPU is very low powered so I suspect the graphics card is also low powered
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to DaVinci Resolve