DaVinci RAW White Balance

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sam Wilkerson

DaVinci RAW White Balance

PostSun Dec 14, 2014 3:49 am

Hello all. I am working with my BMCC on a film shooting 2.5k RAW. At home I am transcoding the RAW files to something edit friendly. My issue is this: I am trying to to save a preset so I can load in the files with the setting AS SHOT IN CAMERA. Everything except the White Balance will NOT stay selected on AS SHOT. I open the menu, select As Shot for White Balance, press Apply, the clips white balance changes on my preview window, but if I add any new clips to the media pool they have a 'custom' white balance setting of 6500. When I go back into the RAW Setting the White Balance is set to 'Custom' not 'As Shot' like I saved and applied.

I have attached pictures, the first with AS SHOT selected and the apply button pressed, the second picture is the same menu re opened immediately after, but the White Balance changed back to CUSTOM.

Any ideas? Even when saving the preset in the presets window the White Balance parameter keeps going back to Custom at 6500.

Sam
Attachments
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg (132.58 KiB) Viewed 651 times
SS2.jpg
SS2.jpg (132.9 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve