How to copy grade from one clip to another?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Granit Neziri

How to copy grade from one clip to another?

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi

I recently started working with Davinci resolve, wich is aweseome. However, sometimes the videofiles from my blackmagic camera get seperatedin two and i have to work with two files. Now, is there any way to copy the grade from clip Nr1 to clip Nr2?

Steve Treutlein

Re: How to copy grade from one clip to another

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 8:11 pm

The way I do that is to highlight the clip I want to copy the grade from, Drop Down from 'Color" to 'Memeories", then 'Save Memory__', then just hi lite the destination file and 'Load Memory__'

Granit Neziri

Re: How to copy grade from one clip to another?

PostMon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Thank you very much! works perfectly!

Marc Wielage

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 1:50 am

Covered in the manual pp. 761-768.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Mihail Dragnea

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi,
the answer Steve Treutlein gave is correct and can be applied when you want to match different clips (1 - 3 - 7 - 12...).
But you can press "=" (near Backspace) and clip 2 will be graded exactly like clip 1. Same nodes, same settings.
Good luck!
Mihai

ronhaley

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 5:41 am

click on the clip you want to grade. Then center button click on the graded clip (windows)

Granit Neziri

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks for the answers! :)

Mike Flynn

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 2:53 pm

ronhaley wrote:click on the clip you want to grade. Then center button click on the graded clip (windows)

Mac too.

sunlit

PostSat Jun 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Mike Flynn wrote:
ronhaley wrote:click on the clip you want to grade. Then center button click on the graded clip (windows)

Mac too.

But Macs don't have center buttons! What a strange thing with Davinci - simplest operations are sometimes rather tricky to perform on a mac. Why is that?
I am learning Davinci now and I've come across a number of simplest operations that are done seamlessly in Final Cut Pro that require weird modifier keys, etc like panning a zoomed image in the preview monitor, or like dragging a clip from one place of the timeline to another and INSERTING it, without overwriting adjacent clips.

Mike Flynn

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm

sunlit wrote:
Mike Flynn wrote:

Mac too.

But Macs don't have center buttons! What a strange thing with Davinci - simplest operations are sometimes rather tricky to perform on a mac. Why is that?
I am learning Davinci now and I've come across a number of simplest operations that are done seamlessly in Final Cut Pro that require weird modifier keys, etc like panning a zoomed image in the preview monitor, or like dragging a clip from one place of the timeline to another and INSERTING it, without overwriting adjacent clips.

I always use a 3 button mouse on the Mac. Need it to slide an image around in a viewer after you zoom in as well.

Return to DaVinci Resolve