Can't Import Still Images with XML

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Abballe

Can't Import Still Images with XML

PostMon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 am

I've been searching all over the internet for an answer, but haven't found anything. Basically I'm trying to import an XML from Premiere into Resolve and my timeline has about 435 subtitles as PNG images, but Resolve says it can't find the directory of the images and, when it asks me if I want to locate them manually, it still can't find them. I also have a bunch of Prores and Red footage in the timeline as well and that gets imported correctly, so I don't know what's going on. When exporting the XML, it seems to work with no translation errors either. The even stranger thing is I can import the images just fine without the XML by searching for them in the Library in the Media tab and bringing them into the media pool, but that would mean putting all ~400 images back into their original places manually on the timeline. Does anyone know what could be the problem? By the way, I'm using Resolve 11 Lite with Yosemite, if that helps. Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve