How to make Power Windows ignore tracking and resizing?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Harris

How to make Power Windows ignore tracking and resizing?

PostMon Jan 19, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm a picture editor and am nearing the end of a short project in Davinci Resolve 11. I used DR11 to cut picture. During editing, I applied some stabilization and resizing using the Color Tab. Currently, the cinematographer is in the color correction phase, and he wants to add Power Windows to create a slight vignette effect. Unfortunately, when he adds a power window node, it seems to be attached to the tracking and resizing data so that the vignette moves around the frame instead of remaining stationary. How do we get the power window to ignore the tracking and resizing data? I apologize if this seems elementary. I have little experience with DR11 for color correction purposes, so I don't really know all the terminology associated with that side of the program. I feel like it might have something to do with node type or node order, but I'm not familiar enough with this to really know. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Dave Gibson

Re: How to make Power Windows ignore tracking and resizing?

PostMon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 pm

You probably need to apply the vignette in a new Node as this will be independent from the tracking/stabilisation information.

Marc Wielage

Re: How to make Power Windows ignore tracking and resizing?

PostTue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 am

A power window in a timeline correction will not move picture tracking or sizing changes.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve