Smart cache not kicking in / no bar display

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Adam Myhill

Smart cache not kicking in / no bar display

PostMon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked already, I've done a number of searches and can't find anything.

I have a project where the Smart cache does not seem to activate, leaving numerous clips running far below realtime. Applying a Neat Video OFX plugin does not seem to kick the smart cache in either. There's no red or blue bars displayed overhead.

The project does have a few red sections in it, but it's maybe 10% and there's no blue sections to the cache display bar.

I've deleted the cache and started again, with the same results. It's a feature film with lots of clips.

Testing my config, I make a new project and drag a few clips over and the smart cache works perfectly as expected. Putting a OFX noise removal node goes red, then blue after it renders and it plays back perfectly.

What's wrong with my big project? Is it some silly setting somewhere? I'm lost... and have a client review in a couple of days and want to avoid having to render the entire project out.

Thanks for any help

A

Return to DaVinci Resolve